Job: Applications Engineer
|Job Title:||Applications Engineer|
|Salary:||£28000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty McKinnon|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
This varied technical role comes from a global industrial business present in over 40 countries worldwide; their innovative engineering solutions support clients across a number of demanding sectors including Defence, Oil & Gas, Industrial and Automotive.
As applications engineer you will be the key contact for customer inquiries, developing strong working relationships and liaising with the client from inquiry through the full delivery lifecycle. Working closely with the design and sales teams you will facilitate the application of company products to provide customers with a solution matched to their requirements. This will include providing technical advice about the specification, suitability and design of products in relation to the operating conditions defined.
Working with customers across a variety of sectors this dynamic role will give you exposure to a number of sectors. Working on a project basis you can be supporting a sealing solution for a drinks bottling line one morning and be working with military vehicles by the afternoon.
Responsibilities will include:
- All technical customer liaison on key projects ensuring that designs meet customer specification and are commercially viable given cost, time and application considerations
- Producing and interrogating CAD drawings when necessary to support technical proposals
- Initiating and planning additional activities such as testing and FEA analysis
- Ensuring manufacturing teams internationally have all the documentation and information they require
- Technical presentations to customers and internal teams
- Visiting customers to support the sales team with technical advice and recommendations specific to the customer's application
Sound Interesting? Currently, they have 2 opportunities available to join the team and are open to applications from highly experienced applications engineers and design professionals seeking a more commercial role through to engineering graduates with circa 2 years’ industry experience. Ideally one of the successful applicants will be a senior applications engineer.
Experience in a similar sector is preferred with experience with sealing solutions, hydraulics, pneumatics, gaskets, valves all of interest to the business though not essential.
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Your Job
Permanent22 days ago
A world-leading electronics manufacturer is seeking a Strategic/product marketing manager to maximise the company’s profitability and support the development of new products. The company’s innovations are essential in the creation of many electron...