The client is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their Construction and Infrastructure team. Your role will be to generate and convert leads with new and existing clients to formulate a pipeline of product opportunities. With each new client you will need to create a credible value proposition after effectively assessing their needs.
Coordinating with engineers and potential customers, you will draft costed project proposals and then liaise with Sector Chief Engineers to ensure the delivery and uptake of the proposals. It is important to be able to develop relationships at all levels of the organisation.
Meeting your KPI’s and aiding the top line growth of the company is essential.
You will also represent the company at corporate events and conferences. The working hours can be flexible.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will need:
- Engineering qualifications/experience
- Experience in the construction/infrastructure sector
- Knowledge of the manufacturing industry
- An understanding of BIM
- Some knowledge of construction regulations such as CDM
- Evidence of winning new orders in bespoke services sales
- A wide network of contacts in the sector (i.e Amey, HS2 and London Underground)
- To be able to travel around the UK