Job: Design Manager
|Job Title:||Design Manager|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary Available|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty McKinnon|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
The client are a privately owned company that have undergone a change in management, they already benefit from a product with a great reputation for quality and strong history in British engineering. In the last 12 months, they have been able to increase their manufacturing output and their international sales and are now conscious that before they continue to pursue this growth they would like to strengthen their engineering team to ensure the internal capability to meet market demand and keep up with changing requirements.
If you are looking for a chance to work on advanced electro-mechanical machinery and to shape not just your own role and the business you join but potentially the sector in which you operate then look no further.
Key performance areas in this role will include:
- The full lifecycle design and development of innovative product development (NPD) to ensure products stay ahead of the competition and continue to meet market demand. These should be designed for sale to meet market need at a commercially viable cost.
- A focus on re-engineering the current product range for reduced cost and improved performance. This should include a focus on improved design for manufacture and standardising the product range for ease of service and repair.
- Collaboration with the manufacturing team to understand current issues and improve the ease of manufacture of existing and future products. This will include removing any errors in existing drawings currently being passed on to the team and creating an engineering database of existing product designs.
- Sitting on the technical council, contributing to and helping to shape upcoming legislation that will affect your industry and product exports
To successfully apply for this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- Able to apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop advanced electro-mechanical machinery for global export
- Experienced in full lifecycle design with good knowledge of mechanical principals including FEA analysis
- Knowledge of modern design and engineering processes that could be implemented into the business
- A strong communicator able to attend industry events and work in a client and supplier facing role
- Able to travel internationally to meet clients as required
Additionally, they are looking for a driven individual, someone who will pro-actively seek solutions and who is committed to the continuous development of technology, their own career, and the business. Initially leading a small team you will need to be able to work in a varied role and willing to get your hands dirty as needed.
Whilst the client is open to engineers from different industry backgrounds able to demonstrate capability in large electro-mechanical machinery design experience in the yellow goods, commercial vehicle, agricultural or machinery sectors have been identified as of particular interest.
To apply for this role please submit your CV to email@example.com