As electrical maintenance engineer you will carry out preventative maintenance and provide breakdown cover on various pieces of production machinery. This vacancy is an electrically biased position for an experienced craftsman with a formal engineering qualification.
The facility utilises batch production methods and the site outputs their products on a high volume basis. Machinery onsite includes hydraulic press machinery, robotics, automated flow lines, CNC Machinery, oven furnaces and a paint line for powder coating. With a number of bespoke machines on site to meet the businesses unique requirements, older machinery in operation and investment in new technology the site has varied and demanding maintenance requirements.
- To provide electrical support to the maintenance department to carry out repairs on all plant equipment and the associated equipment in an efficient safe manner. This includes trouble shooting on a variety of electric, mechanical and PLC controlled machinery.
- Be able to manage a workload effectively under pressure.
- Be able to work to lean theory (5s)
- Use a computerised maintenance system to report work done and parts used.
- Proven track record working as an electrical maintenance engineer in a manufacturing environment
- The ability to read electrical engineering drawings.
- Multi skilled and able to work with a variety of machinery and production equipment – E.g. refurbishment and replacement of pumps, pneumatic actuators and also valves.
- Practical knowledge of inverters, soft stats, 3 phase motors and PLC’s
- Prior experience in the installation of new processes and technology including conduit armoured cable tray and trunking work.
- Knowledge of current electrical legislation and ideally hold 17 IEE wiring regulation and part P installation certificate.
If this sounds like a position you could see yourself in, please do not hesitate to get in contact with myself, I am available on 0121 237 3287 or my email address firstname.lastname@example.org