Job: Electrical Systems Manager
|Job Title:||Electrical Systems Manager|
|REF:||ESM CV V|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty McKinnon|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Relocation support can also be provided.
Due to company growth an exciting new position has arisen for an Electrical Systems Manager within a leading vehicle manufacturer in the west midlands.
This is a great opportunity to join an established global business, a leader in their sector with a large design and manufacturing presence here in the UK. They are offering a varied role where you will work on a range of NPD projects as part of a large in-house R&D team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- The design and introduction of electrical distribution system software and hardware required for vehicles.
- Define overall engineering strategy for system and sub-system development
- Support and drive integration activity with the wider business
- Software, harness, component and subsystem validation and approval
- Manage a small in-house electrical engineering team and external resource where required
- Report progress of engineering activity, including risks and opportunities
This role will also include some hands on design and you should expect to be on the tools supporting your team circa 25% of the time.
To fulfil this role the client seeks the following skills:
- Vehicle or related product electrical system design experience
- Evidence of both technical and man-management experience
- Knowledge of CAN-Bus
- Understanding of legal requirements for vehicle and/or machine design
- Proficient in use of electrical CAD system
- Degree qualified in electrical or electronic engineering or ability to demonstrate this level of competence
- 5 years + industry experience
- Willing to travel – circa 10-15% of the time dependent on project requirement – UK and EU countries.
To apply for this role send your CV to email@example.com