Job: Engineering Director
|Job Title:||Engineering Director|
|Contact Name:||Choleigh McGuire|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
This newly created position then has come about due to ongoing growth, increasing NPI requirements and recent changes within the business. Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for leading the ongoing improvement of the businesses engineering capabilities in line with the businesses strategic and budgetary goals. Your key areas of responsibility will include New Product Introduction (NPI), Computer Aided Engineering (CAE), Production & Process Engineering and Maintenance including full man-management of the teams within these areas.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage and develop the engineering operation in line with business requirements and increasing sales, effectively leading engineering capability across the business.
- Provide overall strategy and operations recommendations, identifying and implementing opportunities for process improvement across design feasibility, CAE tooling, NPI, Process Engineering and maintenance functions.
- Successfully deliver new product launches in lines with quality, cost and delivery targets expected by the business and its customers
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the business to improve quality, reduce cost, eliminate waste and reduce cycle-times within the engineering functions.
- Support the commercial team within the business, ensuring they have access to the technical information they require at quotation stage and throughout any bids and tenders.
- Evaluate new engineering techniques and processes to meet the strategic direction of the business including resources, equipment, facilities and potential acquisitions.
- Drive the implementation of high quality automotive processes into the business
- Develop leading maintenance practices and techniques to optimise plant availability and performance
Sound Interesting? This position is open to both experienced engineering directors and engineering managers looking for that next step. It’s key though that you are a driven individual looking for a challenging role where you can drive business performance. To secure the role they are seeking for you to demonstrate the following skills/experience:
- A strong technical background working in Engineering Management, managing multifunctional teams across engineering and maintenance.
- Significant experience working in the automotive sector, ideally with a 1st or 2nd tier supplier involved in Hot stamping, cold stamping, forming or pressing experience is highly desirable and experience in Body In White assembly within an OEM is also relevant.
- Proven track record of continuous improvement, driving business projects, reducing cycle times and improving quality standards
- You should be familiar with a high variety and bespoke/low-volume manufacturing environment
- Significant experience in New Product introduction, you should have experience working directly with high end clients helping develop their ideas into manufacture.
If this position sounds like the challenge you are seeking then apply below, we are waiting to hear from you or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.