Job: Engineering Manager
|Job Title:||Engineering Manager|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty McKinnon|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
A key hire to the business they are now seeking an experienced engineering manager to take their technical capabilities forward, ensuring they have the future product portfolio to drive continued growth. You will also be responsible for ensuring existing customer requirements can be met with products designed, developed and manufactured on time, to specification and to budget.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage and develop the engineering operation in line with business requirements and increasing sales, effectively leading engineering capability across the business.
- Provide overall strategy and operations recommendations, identifying and implementing opportunities for process improvement across design and manufacturing.
- Manage the design team and all products related engineering activity including after-sales.
- Be the onsite Design Authority - Overseeing full lifecycle design and development of innovative product development (NPD) to ensure products stay ahead of the competition and continue to meet market demand. These should be designed for sale to meet the market need at a commercially viable cost.
- Support after-sales activity through the development of technical solutions, corrective processes and upgrade paths for existing machinery.
- Sit on the technical council, contributing to and helping to shape upcoming legislation that will affect your industry and product exports
- Be a dynamic individual able to quickly build relationships with colleagues, UK based suppliers and international customer’s
- Be interested in emerging technologies and advances in engineering, in particular, electrical/electronic control of complex mechanical machinery for its increased autonomy and improved performance.
Sound interesting? The company design and manufacture large mechanical machinery for off-road use and are seeking a motivated individual and qualified mechanical engineer with proven leadership experience. Ideally, they are seeking an individual who can progress to also holding responsibility for the factory with the ambition to reach director level. If that’s you they are keen to hear from you.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Find Your Job
Permanent20 days ago
Graduate Electrical Engineer – Nottinghamshire Commutable from Lincoln, Sheffield, South Yorkshire and areas of Nottinghamshire. Circa £25,000 An established manufacturer of bespoke machinery and heavy vehicle solutions is seeking a Trainee / Grad...
Permanent3 days ago
Commutable from Lincoln, Sheffield, South Yorkshire and areas of Nottinghamshire. An established manufacturer of bespoke machinery and heavy vehicle solutions is seeking a mechanical design engineer to develop new engineering designs from existing...
Permanent1 day ago
Based at the headquarters of this British multi-national and FTSE 100 listed manufacturing business you will be responsible for the planning, design, engineering and supervision of capital and non-capital projects in support of their automotive ma...
Permanent14 days ago
This family-owned business is looking to a hire an additional mechanical design engineer to keep up with increased production of their bespoke vehicles. Working as part of a small and busy R&D team you will be designing bespoke vehicles from the c...
Contract3 days ago
Electronics Engineer - Medical Essex 12 month Contract This is a 12 month contract working in the medical sector and comes to market from a multi-national manufacturer of electro-mechanical products. A global name in the design, development and ma...