Job: Engineering Manager
|Job Title:||Engineering Manager|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
|REF:||EM SL T1 Auto|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty McKinnon|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
They are seeking a Technical Manager to work alongside the manufacturing, quality and works engineering manager as part of the senior leadership team. You will be responsible for effective management of the R&D department including design, test & development and production.
Responsibilities will include the creation and implementation of an engineering strategy that will meet business objectives. Ensuring the business remains competitive in the current market – developing products that meet market and customer need in terms of quality, cost and delivery. This will include investigating new markets; driving R&D to develop new products, contributing to annual budgets and value-added engineering activities.
To be successful they are seeking an experienced engineering leader who can bring ideas into the business, help upskill the team in areas including GD&T and has the knowledge to lead design activity as well as providing engineering support to manufacturing. The role has 2 direct reports a design engineer and a production engineer.
Key skills/experience required for this position includes:
- A motivated engineer with the drive to make things happen
- A proven track record of engineering management and the ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Degree qualified in engineering or HNC/HND plus experience
- Experienced of mechanical testing and development
- Design experience including knowledge of FMEA, DFM and DFA
- A hands-on individual happy in a varied role within a dynamic SME environment
- Experience with electro-mechanical products would be beneficial
To apply for this senior role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org