Job: Head of Electrical Systems
|Job Title:||Head of Electrical Systems|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary and benefitsCompetitive Salary + Car Allowance, private healthcare and bonus|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty McKinnon|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
This is a great opportunity to join an established global business, a leader in their sector with a large design and manufacturing presence here in the UK. They are offering a varied role where you will work on a range of NPD projects as part of a large in-house R&D team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- The design and introduction of electrical distribution system software and hardware required for vehicles and bodies.
- Define overall engineering strategy for system and sub-system development
- Support and drive integration activity with the wider business
- Software, harness, component and subsystem validation and approval
- Manage a small in-house electrical engineering team and external resource where required
- Report progress of engineering activity, including risks and opportunities
This role will also include some hands-on design and you should expect to be on the tools supporting your team circa 25% of the time.
To fulfill this role the client seeks the following skills:
- Vehicle or related product electrical system design experience including both HV and LV systems
- Appreciation of hybrid vehicle systems
- Evidence of both technical and man-management experience
- Understanding of legal requirements for vehicle and/or machine design
- Proficient in use of an electrical CAD system
- Degree qualified in electrical or electronic engineering or ability to demonstrate this level of competence
- Willing to travel – circa 10-15% of the time dependent on project requirement – UK and EU countries.
To apply for this role send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org