Job: Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|REF:||MDE SS RI|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty McKinnon|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Competitive Salary + Benefits
This new position for a senior mechanical design engineer comes from a global manufacturer of plastic and electro-mechanical products into regulated industries. Currently investing in new product development of next generation products they seek an experienced engineer to join their R&D team.
This is a full lifecycle design role working from concept to incorporate upstream marketing activities that will lead to user focused design ideas and taking these ideas through development, prototype and testing into design for repeat manufacture. Working in a regulated market you will need to maintain product definition information and compile technical documentation to support the design process. Excellent problem solving abilities are key to encourage innovative engineering solutions.
As well as a varied and challenging role they offer a great work environment at their state of the art facility with manufacturing onsite and great facilities including a subsidised canteen and onsite daycare.
Full responsibilities will include:
- Mechanical design and development of products from concept to repeat production
- Compile technical documentation to support the design process and comply with industry regulations
- Use technical and product knowledge along with your problem solving abilities to resolve technical and project issues
- Product risk analysis, FMEA and value analysis activities
- Use of software analysis tools such as FEA or CFD
- Translate inputs into robust design requirements
If this role is of interest please submit your CV highlighting the following skills/experience:
- Degree/HND/HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in good design practice and design transfer into manufacturing
- Good knowledge of mechanical engineering principals – material, structures, thermal analysis, fluid analysis etc.
- Familiar with a range of manufacturing processes such as machining, sheet metal, casting, extruding and plastic injection moulding
- Experience in full lifecycle design, including a appreciation of design verification & validation
- Experience in the design of products into highly regulated industries
To apply for this position send your CV to email@example.com
Find Your Job
Permanent4 days ago
Commutable from Lincoln, Sheffield, South Yorkshire and areas of Nottinghamshire. An established manufacturer of bespoke machinery and heavy vehicle solutions is seeking a mechanical design engineer to develop new engineering designs from existing...
Permanent15 days ago
This family-owned business is looking to a hire an additional mechanical design engineer to keep up with increased production of their bespoke vehicles. Working as part of a small and busy R&D team you will be designing bespoke vehicles from the c...
Permanent23 days ago
An experienced Mechanical Design Engineer is sought for a leading manufacturer of specialist vehicles in the west midlands area. This is a great opportunity to join an established global business, a leader in their sector with a large design and m...
Permanent4 days ago
This is a 12-month contract working in the medical sector and comes to market from a multi-national manufacturer of electro-mechanical products. A global name in the design, development, and manufacture of medical devices they are seeking an engin...
Permanent21 days ago
Power Supply Design Engineer Location: Essex, UK Salary: Competitive I am currently recruiting for a new and exciting position for a Power Supply Design Engineer, are you looking for your next challenge? You will be joining a global company who ar...