Job: Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Salary:||£28000 - £33000 per annum, Benefits: Paid Overtime|
|REF:||MDE SPM NG|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty McKinnon|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
With a constant supply of new and challenging projects to work on examples of previous machine applications include ensuring the safe manufacture of medical devices and the containment of nuclear waste through to improved quality control within automotive production.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Working within a multi-skilled project team to support bespoke design projects.
- Be involved in internal meetings discussing mechanical requirements with other stakeholders such as software and electrical engineers involved in the project
- A customer facing role this will include external meetings with the client
- Conceptual drawings to support sales activity
- General arrangement drawings, detail drawings, parts lists, schematic diagrams and project documentation to a production level enabling the correct manufacture and assembly of components
- Support the manufacture of components both in-house and via sub-contractors
- Assist in the set-up, testing and development of the equipment designed.
- Support projects through to acceptance testing and site installation
Sound interesting? To apply for this you will require a recognised engineering qualification – minimum HNC and ideally HND/degree qualified plus minimum 2 years industry design experience. Strong 3D Cad skills are also required and solidworks in particular would be beneficial.
Working hours are 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 12.30pm Friday
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Find Your Job
Permanent1 day ago
Commutable from Lincoln, Sheffield, South Yorkshire and areas of Nottinghamshire. An established manufacturer of bespoke machinery and heavy vehicle solutions is seeking a mechanical design engineer to develop new engineering designs from existing...
Permanent12 days ago
This family-owned business is looking to a hire an additional mechanical design engineer to keep up with increased production of their bespoke vehicles. Working as part of a small and busy R&D team you will be designing bespoke vehicles from the c...
Permanent20 days ago
An experienced Mechanical Design Engineer is sought for a leading manufacturer of specialist vehicles in the west midlands area. This is a great opportunity to join an established global business, a leader in their sector with a large design and m...
Permanent1 day ago
This is a 12-month contract working in the medical sector and comes to market from a multi-national manufacturer of electro-mechanical products. A global name in the design, development, and manufacture of medical devices they are seeking an engin...
Permanent19 days ago
Power Supply Design Engineer Location: Essex, UK Salary: Competitive I am currently recruiting for a new and exciting position for a Power Supply Design Engineer, are you looking for your next challenge? You will be joining a global company who ar...