Location: Ashford, Kent.
Are you experienced in Power Supplies and Build-to-Print Services for military, avionic and niche industrial products? My client is looking for Senior Power Supply Design Engineer to join their team.
To be considered for the position you will need to have the following skills:
- Experienced Power Supply Design Engineer with a degree in electronic engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years (ideally more) design experience in the field of industrial, communications or military power supplies.
- Reporting to the Director of Engineering, capable of providing technical and cost control of own development projects.
- Proven conceptual design experience and an ability to design to low and medium volume production cost targets.
- A self-starting and motivated individual.
- Commercially aware, with good communication and interpersonal skills and able to interface with the customer at a high technical level.
- An ability to schedule your own workload.
- Experience of high levels of customer contact.
You will be required to do the following tasks:
- Support in the preparation of Technical Proposals including development unit prices and non-recurring engineering costs.
- The design and development of new projects to meet the customer requirements and current legislation.
- Recording all aspects of the project design, development and design proving activities in Project Log Books or the relevant soft alternative.
- Hardware test and de-bugging both at company facilities and customer premises as required and agreed by the Director of Engineering.
- Support of the Production Department in areas relating to the design and performance of production hardware as required and agreed by the Director of Engineering.
- To prepare for and attend meetings with customers as required by Programme Plans and schedules.
- To liaise with Manufacturing, the Mechanical Design Team and other Engineering Operatives on all aspects relating to the design and development of engineering projects over which he/she has authority.
- To attend and support, or chair as necessary, internal Design Reviews.
- To supervise Technicians and/or more junior Engineers in the support of engineering projects over which he/she has authority with the agreement of the Director of Engineering.
To apply to this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org