Passionate about driving improvements in manufacturing?
Would you like to enhance the productivity of the UK manufacturing industry?
This exciting opportunity will let you do all of the above and more as you join one of the UK’s leading technology centers dedicated to the continuous advancement of technology, processes and the Manufacturing sector within the UK.
Joining the Design & Build team you will undertake innovative research to support the transfer of new technology into industry with project responsibilities including confirmation of design scope, concept generation, detailed design (mechanical, electrical and fluid technology) and manufacture for various industry sectors.
Additional responsibilities will include ensuring projects are managed to quality, cost and delivery targets.
This role is ideally suited to a degree educated engineer with 3+ years’ experience who is keen to work toward chartered status and able to demonstrate experience successfully delivery design projects within a collaborative environment.
Further skills/experience they require includes:
- Strong CAD skills ideally including knowledge of Catia, NX or Solidworks for surface and solid modeling
- Technical knowledge of designing, manufacturing and commissioning tools, fixtures or machines
- Experienced in the design of experiments with good data analysis skills
- Experience in the use of analysis tools including FEA is beneficial but not essential and can be developed
- Programming skills/experience ideally working with PLC or MCU controlled systems is also beneficial but not essential and can be developed
To apply for this exciting position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org