Job: Senior Industrial Designer
|Job Title:||Senior Industrial Designer|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension + Company Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty McKinnon|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
As senior Industrial designer you will be responsible for adding value to the design proposition from earliest research and insight through to design for manufacture. To be successful its essential you are focused on the user experience when leading design on projects for a wide variety of clients across the consumer, healthcare, structural packaging, FMCG and Energy sectors.
Working closely within a team of researchers, engineers and technologists its key you are able to observe and communicate evidence based foundations for your creative concepts. You will need to have a natural aptitude for aesthetic form whilst being aware of the wider technical, functional, cost and manufacturing implications of our design.
If you have a keen interest in new technology and product development this opportunity is for you. An exciting role this is a key position for the business and is an opportunity for you to establish yourself as a key figure within the company.
Interested? It doesn’t stop there as well as an exciting and varied role they are offering a competitive Salary plus a performance related bonus opportunity, a 12% pension contribution and private healthcare. They can also offer a structured progression plan and with the business growing year on year there will be significant opportunity for you to develop your career.
To fill this exciting role they require the following skills and experience:
- Able to generate graphical and presentation material of exceptional quality
- Previous consultancy experience you are likely to have a minimum of 6 years professional experience and have a strong design portfolio to evidence your work.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas – consumer product, healthcare or structural packaging
- Experience participating in primary consumer research activities
- Track record managing project activity and/or stakeholder relationships
- A creative thinker, concept generator and strong communicator with a excellent track record working in a multi-disciplined team
- Exceptional graphical skills including rapid communication of ideas from hand sketching Adobe CS as a minimum
- Proven 3D CAD competency – solidworks or Alias preferred
- Demonstrable client and/or project management experience
- Comfortable with hands on modelling, general workshop model-making skills and conversant with latest rapid prototyping technologies
- 2:1 or higher degree in industrial design, product or structural packaging design or a related subject
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Your Job
Permanent3 days ago
Based at the headquarters of this British multi-national and FTSE 100 listed manufacturing business you will be responsible for the planning, design, engineering and supervision of capital and non-capital projects in support of their automotive ma...
Permanent23 days ago
An experienced Mechanical Design Engineer is sought for a leading manufacturer of specialist vehicles in the west midlands area. This is a great opportunity to join an established global business, a leader in their sector with a large design and m...
Permanent21 days ago
Graduate Electrical Engineer – Nottinghamshire Commutable from Lincoln, Sheffield, South Yorkshire and areas of Nottinghamshire. Circa £25,000 An established manufacturer of bespoke machinery and heavy vehicle solutions is seeking a Trainee / Grad...