Job: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary and benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty McKinnon|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Committed to developing automated material handling solutions that help their customers to be more efficient they are a looking for an experienced engineer who shares their passion for engineering solutions and can work with the established management team to drive the business forward.
Your responsibilities will include full lifecycle design of bespoke material handling equipment and automated machinery. You will also take a leadership role within the team, managing 2 engineers, and an apprentice to ensure successful project delivery OTIF meeting or exceeding customer requirement.
In return, they are offering you a varied design position, will cradle to grave responsibility for bespoke machinery development. You will also be part of the existing management team with the ability to influence business success at a time when the business has ambitious growth plans for the next 3-5 years. Sounds interesting?
Could this be your next career step?
They are seeking an experienced hire able to demonstrate the following skills:
- 5 years + in the mechanical design of automated systems, material handling equipment, bespoke machinery or similar
- Expert knowledge of component parts including pneumatics, motors, encoders, drives etc.
- Strong 3D Cad skills ideally Solidworks
- Able to take a leading role managing a team of 3 – they are happy to consider both applicants with proven management experience and those seeking this next step in their careers
- Proven ability to interpret and evaluate customer specifications, employing engineering techniques to deliver robust and innovative solutions
- Familiar with Machinery directive, PUWER, CE Marking
- Able to contribute to multiple projects concurrently focusing on project deadlines and budgets
To apply for this existing role please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Your Job
Permanent20 days ago
An experienced Mechanical Design Engineer is sought for a leading manufacturer of specialist vehicles in the west midlands area. This is a great opportunity to join an established global business, a leader in their sector with a large design and m...
Permanent1 day ago
Commutable from Lincoln, Sheffield, South Yorkshire and areas of Nottinghamshire. An established manufacturer of bespoke machinery and heavy vehicle solutions is seeking a mechanical design engineer to develop new engineering designs from existing...
Permanent12 days ago
This family-owned business is looking to a hire an additional mechanical design engineer to keep up with increased production of their bespoke vehicles. Working as part of a small and busy R&D team you will be designing bespoke vehicles from the c...
Permanent1 day ago
This is a 12-month contract working in the medical sector and comes to market from a multi-national manufacturer of electro-mechanical products. A global name in the design, development, and manufacture of medical devices they are seeking an engin...
Permanent19 days ago
Power Supply Design Engineer Location: Essex, UK Salary: Competitive I am currently recruiting for a new and exciting position for a Power Supply Design Engineer, are you looking for your next challenge? You will be joining a global company who ar...