Job: Senior Research Engineer – Controls and Connectivity
|Job Title:||Senior Research Engineer – Controls and Connectivity|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty McKinnon|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Passionate about driving improvements in manufacturing?
Would you like to enhance the productivity of the UK manufacturing industry?
This exciting opportunity will let you do all of the above and more as you join one of the UK’s leading technology centers dedicated to the continuous advancement of technology, processes and the Manufacturing sector within the UK.
Joining the intelligent Automation and Informatics team you will be responsible for delivering projects related to industrial control and connectivity including those that will enable interoperability between manufacturing, production and operational enterprise systems. Overall you will contribute to digital manufacturing and industry 4.0 related projects through creative problem solving, solution concepts, system design and system integration specifically focusing on the controls and connectivity work. This will include technical leadership and project management of projects >250k and deputising for the team leader when required.
A varied role you will work with a diverse range of clients across multiple industry sectors including automotive, aerospace, rail, food & drink, electronics, defence, O&G and construction/civil engineering.
To carry out this position they are seeking an engineer with expert knowledge of automated industrial systems integration including digital manufacturing control and connectivity requirements, technologies and standards.
Further skills/experience they require includes:
- Experience with high level programming languages such as Java, C#, C++, SQL and Python
- Knowledge of data exchange for interoperability in the manufacturing domain i.e. OPC UA, B2MML, MT connect etc
- The proven ability to engage with external customers ideally including a track record of successful project bids.
- Experience identifying industrial control and interoperability challenges within manufacturing and automation applications and able to identify and implement appropriate hardware and software solutions
- Proven track record in development, programming and testing of advanced control algorithms in industrial scale equipment i.e. kinematics, motion controls, intelligent systems, embedded/PLC/PC controlled systems etc
- Broad knowledge of industrial network specification standards and protocols including machine to machine industrial communication
- A relevant Degree, Masters or PhD with industrial experience
To apply for this exciting position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Your Job
Permanent22 days ago
An experienced Mechanical Design Engineer is sought for a leading manufacturer of specialist vehicles in the west midlands area. This is a great opportunity to join an established global business, a leader in their sector with a large design and m...
Permanent3 days ago
This is a 12-month contract working in the medical sector and comes to market from a multi-national manufacturer of electro-mechanical products. A global name in the design, development, and manufacture of medical devices they are seeking an engin...
Permanent20 days ago
RF Design Engineer – Components Location – Herefordshire Salary - £35,000-£45,000 Are you currently looking for a new and exciting role within RF Engineering? We are looking for the industries most experienced RF Design Engineers to join a market ...
Contract3 days ago
Electronics Engineer - Medical Essex 12 month Contract This is a 12 month contract working in the medical sector and comes to market from a multi-national manufacturer of electro-mechanical products. A global name in the design, development and ma...
Permanent3 days ago
Commutable from Lincoln, Sheffield, South Yorkshire and areas of Nottinghamshire. An established manufacturer of bespoke machinery and heavy vehicle solutions is seeking a mechanical design engineer to develop new engineering designs from existing...