Passionate about driving improvements in manufacturing?
Would you like to enhance the productivity of the UK manufacturing industry?
This exciting opportunity will let you do all of the above and more as you join one of the UK’s leading technology centers dedicated to the continuous advancement of technology, processes and the Manufacturing sector within the UK.
Joining the Design & Build team and reporting to the technology manager you will lead your team to successfully deliver innovative mechanical and machinery design solutions. Your role will include project management and key technical tasks as well as supporting the business with strategy development.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Project management of large projects and programmes of work 250k +
- To provide 1st tier line management and leadership ensuring your team meets its business objectives
- Technically supporting, training and developing engineers within your team
- Support the development of sector technology roadmaps
- Customer and partner liaison on large collaborative projects to ensure requirements capture and successful project delivery
To carry out this role they are seeking an experienced engineer with a strong background in mechanical design or machinery who can demonstrate previous leadership experience. This role is best suited to those with an ambition to progress their career into a leadership/management role.
Further skills/experience they seek includes:
- Degree qualified in an engineering subject
- 5 years + experience in a machine/automation design role
- Evidence of team/project leadership or junior management experience
- Firm understanding of engineering principals
- Knowledge of the design, manufacture and commissioning of special purpose machines, equipment, tooling and fixtures
- Awareness of Agile project management skills