Job: Senior / Principal Electrical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior / Principal Electrical Design Engineer|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary Available|
|Contact Name:||Roxanne Poole|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
**Relocation Support Available**
My client is a global manufacturer headquartered in the west midlands experiencing ongoing growth in demand for their vehicles as they win new business and increase their investment in NPD.
This is a great opportunity to join an established global business, a leader in their sector with a large design and manufacturing presence here in the UK. There is huge career opportunity within the company as they continue to grow and increase their product range. The company are breaking profit records each year, with plans to develop their electrical team further. As a senior engineer you will have the opportunity to contribute to and technically lead development of the entire electric vehicle architecture and the software for electric vehicle controls whilst mentoring and developing junior team members.
Joining a department that has increased their development investment this year from £2 million to £4 million with projects focused on everything from improved vehicle efficiency, performance and safety to increasing their vehicle range this is an autonomous role with the opportunity to work on full lifecycle design.
Key responsibilities will include:
- The design and introduction of electrical distribution system (EDS) software and hardware required for vehicles
- Electrical schematic and wiring harness design
- Electrical harness routing
- Vehicle electrical trouble shooting and root cause analysis
- Handling supplier queries and supporting prototype builds
- Contribute to electrical engineering strategy for system and sub-system development
- Software, harness, component and subsystem validation and approval
To fulfil this role the client seeks the following skills:
- Vehicle or related product electrical system design experience
- Understanding of legal requirements for vehicle and/or machine design
- Proficient in use of electrical CAD system i.e. Vesys, Zuken, AutoCAD electrical etc.
- Knowledge of CAN-Bus
- Knowledge of both HV and LV electrical system design
- Appreciation of hybrid electrical systems
- Degree qualified in electrical or electronic engineering or ability to demonstrate this level of competence
- 5 years + industry experience
To apply for this role send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Your Job
Permanent19 days ago
An experienced Mechanical Design Engineer is sought for a leading manufacturer of specialist vehicles in the west midlands area. This is a great opportunity to join an established global business, a leader in their sector with a large design and m...
Permanent18 days ago
Graduate Electrical Engineer – Nottinghamshire Commutable from Lincoln, Sheffield, South Yorkshire and areas of Nottinghamshire. Circa £25,000 An established manufacturer of bespoke machinery and heavy vehicle solutions is seeking a Trainee / Grad...
Permanentabout 12 hours ago
Commutable from Lincoln, Sheffield, South Yorkshire and areas of Nottinghamshire. An established manufacturer of bespoke machinery and heavy vehicle solutions is seeking a mechanical design engineer to develop new engineering designs from existing...
Permanent11 days ago
This family-owned business is looking to a hire an additional mechanical design engineer to keep up with increased production of their bespoke vehicles. Working as part of a small and busy R&D team you will be designing bespoke vehicles from the c...
Permanent18 days ago
Power Supply Design Engineer Location: Essex, UK Salary: Competitive I am currently recruiting for a new and exciting position for a Power Supply Design Engineer, are you looking for your next challenge? You will be joining a global company who ar...