The role focuses on collaborating closely with suppliers. The implementation and development of the best quality practices will be essential. Your ability to carry out root cause analysis will give you the opportunity to prevent defects and waste within the manufacturing process. The leadership of cross-functional teams will be an aspect of the role with the aim to resolve complex quality problems. In addition to this, there is also an aspect of providing in-house training and support to technicians and engineers. The role also gives you the opportunity to plan, lead and perform on-site supplier quality audits.
Key Qualifications/Experience needed include:
- Educated to degree level or HNC/HND plus experience
- Five years’ experience in a Quality engineering role within an Electro-Mechanical or Electronics or Medical Devices Manufacturing environment.
- Experience in working in Quality Assurance/Supplier quality development
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers