In this role you will be responsible for identifying new product opportunities through macro level market analysis. You will identify target customers; create value proposition, competitive positioning, pricing and resource requirements. In order to do this you will work closely with key customers, engineering teams and finally the sales channels when the product is taken to Beta testing with key customers. You will also cooperate with product managers to develop product datasheets and pricelists.
There is a sales element to this role and 25% of your time will be customer facing. You will also aid sales in setting sales targets and monitoring customer engagement.
You will fit into a large marketing and sales structure and will report to the Sales director also liaising with the Managing Director.
The ideal candidate has:
- A degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or HND plus experience
- A strong understanding of power electronics with specific emphasis on power conversion
- 10+ years experience in industrial electronics
- 5+ years experience specifically in a marketing or field applications role within the power conversion industry
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing
- Able to travel internationally