Job: Supply Chain Controller
|Job Title:||Supply Chain Controller|
|Salary:||£25000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive benefits including contributory Pension and flexible working hours|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty McKinnon|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Reporting to the Planning manager your role will be to ensure the availability of stock and suppliers to support the companies supply chain activities through efficient and cost effective planning, sourcing and buying activities. You will do so with an appreciation of lean engineering ensuring minimum order quantities and the lowest total cost vs required stock holdings.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Close collaboration with other departments including R&D and manufacturing to ensure new product development and introduction activities are supported by effective supply chain planning
- Estimate cost of goods for NPD and monitor product cost throughout the development process, communicating progress versus targets and controlling product transition into production.
- Review Bills of Material and identify and escalate as required any sourcing issues
- Resolve supplier delivery issues with immediate action and instigate corrective action procedures to ensure issues do not re-occur
- Improve supplier performance metrics focusing on OTIF delivery and quality
Whilst fulfilling your ongoing role you will benefit from ongoing training and career development opportunities and a great work environment supported by flexible working hours.
To secure this role you will need to highlight the following skills/experience for this position:
- CIPS qualified or equivalent supply chain certification
- Supply chain planning experience within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of material resource planning (MRP)
- Experience working in a lean engineering environment/ appreciation of lean principals
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent relationship building and management skills.
- A concern for cost and profitability
- Experience managing lead times
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com